You are here
Job Applications Open for General Manager Position
Evanston Symphony Orchestra Association seeks part-time, work-from-home General Manager to coordinate business functions of the ESO in collaboration with a hands-on Board of Directors, a talented Music Director, and a dedicated volunteer community orchestra.
Position Title: General Manager
Reports to: President of the Board, ESO Board of Directors
Terms of Hire: Independent Contractor
Salary Range: $40-48K commensurate with experience, no benefits
Hours: +/- 85 hours per month, nights, and weekends; remote (in-person at concerts, rehearsals, board meetings, etc.)
- Serve as the primary ESO liaison.
- Serve as the main administrative staff person for the ESO and ESO Board.
- Perform and/or coordinate the essential business functions of the orchestra.
- Develop a sense of community with the music director, musicians, and patrons.
Administrative/Executive day-to-day operations
Financial, in conjunction with bookkeeper and CPA
Concert Operations, including all ticketing
Marketing support, in conjunction with Audience Development Committee & Social Media Coordinators
Fundraising administration and tracking, in conjunction with Board of Directors and Development Committee
Board support, Community liaison
- Knowledge and experience in the field of classical music
- Proficiency in all word processing and spread sheet applications, as well as relational data bases
- Familiarity with various Social Media platforms
- Experience in budgeting, financial accountability, vendor relations
- Background serving in administrative roles
- Arts administration experience a plus
Note: This is a work-from-home position which requires frequent attendance at Evanston-based meetings, rehearsals and performances.
The Evanston Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected category.
For more information or to submit an application, please email us at email@example.com
SHOP and Support the ESO!
Are you looking to buy a gift for someone at Amazon? Need to stock up on supplies from Amazon?
Amazon has a special program called Smile, where the company donates a small amount of your purchase to your designated charity. Once you select the ESO as your Smile recipient, just point your browser to smile.amazon.com each time you want to shop at Amazon and the Evanston Symphony will benefit. It won’t cost you a thing!
Thanks, and happy shopping.